10/18/2010

Running

So many people run and so many people have muscular issues from running. Is running bad? Of course not! People simply need to educate themselves on how to run safely. If you can do it without hurting yourself I think it is a fabulous way to stay healthy. You can burn calories, get some air, see sights, nature etc. As with any sport, it is important to have the right equipment and body mechanics. Runners also need to remember the importance of warming up, cooling down and stretching.

Do I run?? No. I wish I could..... I am quite the clutz and have sprained both my ankles and have broken some bones in my feet over the years. This results in me getting shin splints way too easily. I even get them if I have to drive in rush hour too much in a week's time. I have attempted to strengthen my calves and started to train, but to no avail. I prefer more goal oriented sports anyways. Yes, I am aware that running does have very concrete goals. However, you will not find me running a couple of miles unless a hooded man with a knife is after me.

No comments: